Store Them Right: Keeping Pads Tight and out of Light
Keeping ink pads in order requires a certain knowledge of the art of office culture. Ink pads no longer appear as the odorous, messy and hard-to-work-with things of the past. However, if you are an office or postal worker, you still need to keep an eye on how you store those ink pads.
Keep ink pads out of strong direct light. Though you may find it tempting to toss an ink pad anywhere when you are done with it and have other things to do, take a minute to place your ink pad in a cool, dark place. Taking a few seconds to place your ink pad under a desk or safely in a drawer significantly prolongs the life of ink pads over those left out in the sun.
Keep any ink pad not in use firmly closed. Take a moment to check that you firmly close your ink pad, rather than half closing it. Keeping ink pad cases tight also prolongs the life of ink significantly, as this keeps your ink from drying out.
Prevent those office supply days where you have to provide your own ink pad. Proper ink pad storage can mean the difference between a crusty mess that quits half-way though the day and an ink pad which provides many stamps in a lifetime.
Featured Blog Posts
- Store Them Right: Keeping Pads Tight and out of Light
- How to Dispose Of Used Stamp Pads Safely
- The Spice of Life: Embellishing Crafts, Cards and More
- How to Make Customer Colors on Your Stamp Pad
- Quality Versus Quantity: Choosing Ink Pads
- How to Tell If Stamp Pads Are Acid-Free
- Organizing With Ink Pad Holders
- How to Apply Ink to a Rubber Stamp