How to Make Customer Colors on Your Stamp Pad
Sometimes you just have to get extra creative with your stamping. Creating that special card or wrapping paper is a lot more fun when it is uniquely your own. One way to make your stamping more unique is to make custom colors on your stamp pad. Read ahead to learn how to do this.
Start with a piece of felt. The thicker type of felt works best in this case. Then, take the stamp you intend to use and use black Memories ink to make a copy of it on your felt. Your felt is serving as the stamp pad in this case. Now that you know where the stamp hits the pad, place colors in the desired areas using dye-based re-inking rollers. Alternatively, you can use ink brushes to apply the ink to the stamp pad. Make sure it is on thick enough that it picks up when you press your stamp into it.
If you want to create a custom colored stamp pad that is all one color, you can use the same technique. Just apply the colors that you want to mix over the top of one another.
You can never get too creative with your stamp projects. Try making one of these custom stamp pads next time you play with ink. You are sure to love the results.
Featured Blog Posts
- Store Them Right: Keeping Pads Tight and out of Light
- How to Dispose Of Used Stamp Pads Safely
- The Spice of Life: Embellishing Crafts, Cards and More
- How to Make Customer Colors on Your Stamp Pad
- Quality Versus Quantity: Choosing Ink Pads
- How to Tell If Stamp Pads Are Acid-Free
- Organizing With Ink Pad Holders
- How to Apply Ink to a Rubber Stamp